Doctor Who Themed Shadow Box Card


This was definitely another labor of love card. But when it comes to your mom's birthday, you better go big or go home! We got my mom hooked on Doctor Who (at least until recently when it started going downhill), so I've had this card in mind for quite awhile, but never got a chance to actually make it (because I'm lazy, folks...let's be honest, here).

I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's inside shadow box cards and thought it would be a perfect design for this kind of card. I mean, I had to fit the whole universe in a card! 😉 I watercolored the background for the gears, the galaxy background, and the TARDIS itself (I decided to ink blend the actual window background because I didn't have any cardstock big enough for the piece and watercolor would have warped it too much). I think it's so fun that when you open the card, the TARDIS zooms around! I can't wait to send this to my mama!

Oh, and the message I wrote? "I wish I could change the fact that you're [enter age here], but it's a fixed point in time. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Whovians will understand this reference. Yes, I think I'm clever. Yes, I'm proud of myself. 😁

Products Used:
Kindred Stamps Time Traveler
Darice Steampunk Gears Embossing Folder
MFT Blueprints
MFT Rectangle STAX Die-namics
Cottage Cutz Basic Circle Dies
Mijello Mission Gold Watercolors
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors
Distress Inks
VersaFine Ink
VersaMark Ink
WOW Embossing Powders
Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #440