UPDATE: I FINALLY WON A CHALLENGE !!! WOOT!!! 😃🎉 Made this sweet, simple card using an oldie, but goodie. Love these adorable birds and their cages! Products Used: MFT Tweethearts MFT Dots & Stripes Confection 6x6 Paper Pack MFT Watercolor Wash Brights 6x6 Paper Pack Copic Sketch Markers MFT Extreme Black Ink VersaFine Ink Aqua Shimmer Pen Ranger Glossy Accents
For my "innovative" card, I decided to shop my supplies and use something in a different manner than it was intended. I knew I wanted to make a music themed card for my son's piano teacher, so I set out to find a way to make piano keys. I thought about just cutting strips of paper, but I really wanted the corners to be rounded, just like real keys. Finally, it clicked while I was looking at MFT's Speech Bubble Die-namics. Just cut the little "arrow" part off and boom -- piano keys! They were too perfect! I first stamped my background for the top portion of my card using a light gray ink. Then I die cut out all the keys using black and light gray card stock. I carefully adhered all the white keys to a black strip of card stock, making it look like bottom of the keyboard itself. Then I popped up the back keys using foam tape accordingly. (I double checked with my son, who says I laid them out correctly. =) ) I then die cut the "thank you" sen...
Comments
Post a Comment