1898 Hat

I heavily modified this pattern to both fit my dad and satisfy his requests for a hat that would cover his ears and the back of his neck. He has about a 25 inch head, so used someone else's modifications as a jumping off point for sizing. But my modifications are as follows:

Cast on 43 (20-3-20).

Work 31 repeats.

Decrease 10 repeats.

Work 30 repeats.

Increase 10 repeats.

Work 31 repeats.

Graphed together the ends.

Total of 112 stitches. 

Worked about 5 inches from the bottom of the forehead band.

Decreased with no plain knit rounds in between (K 14, K2TOG...K 13, K2TOG...etc.).

Looks kind of silly, but it's what my dad asked for. Kind of reminds me of an old football helmet.

Pattern: 1898 Hat by Kristine Byrnes
Needle Size: US 7 - 4.5 mm
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

MFT Sketch Challenge #440