Felt Christmas Ornaments

I've always admired the handiwork of other crafters who make embroidered felt things. They're just so adorable! I had snagged some felt off of My Favorite Things a few months back, during one of their retirement sales. As I was scrolling through the black hole that is Pinterest, I saw several gorgeous felt ornaments. I remembered about the felt and immediately started digging through my die stash for ideas. Thankfully, I have a few basic shape sets that worked perfectly for the bases. My Sizzix Big Shot cut through the felt like a dream. After I die cut out all my shapes, I set out on stitching them up. Now, I'm not the best at embroidery -- I don't have a whole lot of practice. But with each ornament, I felt like I got just a little bit better at it. These are far from perfect, but it adds to the "homey-ness" of them, I think. If anything, I hope that one day my boys will put them on their own Christmas trees and remember their crazy, imperfect mama, who loved them so much. I had so much fun making these!

I have no pattern or specific source to share. I just winged it, loosely based from various ideas found on Pinterest. Go be inspired to do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

MFT Sketch Challenge #440