Pikachu Watercolor

I have had this piece in my head for awhile. I really wanted to make it for the boys, but I was incredibly intimidated by even just sketching it. I finally took the plunge and decided to at least try. After I was satisfied with the sketch, I wavered on whether I should be brave and color it. I am definitely not confident when it comes to coloring. I was really dismayed to know that I had accidentally sketched my image on watercolor paper. My only color option was watercolor, which I'm REALLY not confident working in. But my husband encouraged me to try, so I dove in. Although it's no where near perfect, I feel like I learned a lot and achieved my goal: to make an original piece for my boys to hang on their wall. As I wrote on the pack of the piece, "I love you more than Pikachu loves his ketchup." <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

MFT Sketch Challenge #440