Grams' Lilac Quote

This is based off the last written note we found by my grandmother when she passed. Lilacs remind me of her, as she always had them in her yard. I'm missing her especially bad today, since it's Easter Sunday. We always went over on Easter and she always had an egg hunt for the boys. This is probably the first year without and it's hitting me pretty hard for some reason. It's just another "milestone" that makes me miss her more as time passes.

I want to list all the many things that are wrong with this project, but it's what I ended up with and the sentiment is what matters. It isn't original to her, but it obviously resonated with her enough to cause her to write it down. My world has been upside down for the past several months. Losing her played a huge part in that. So, this quote has really stuck with me as well. So much is uncertain right now, but we have to continue to trust God through it all. I feel like that's the main lesson He has been teaching us this whole past year. Right now seems to be that moment where I'm asked to put my money where my mouth is. I'm not going to lie -- it's sometimes easier said than done. But trust isn't easy. Faith isn't easy. All we can do is put our trust in the One who has control over it all since the very beginning. That is the very definition of faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

MFT Sketch Challenge #440