MFT Sketch Challenge #397

I think this is the fastest I've ever started and finished with a challenge! I really had fun making this card. I didn't have the Blueprints Die-namics set they used, so I improvised, which wasn't too difficult. As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought it either looked like a camera or a porthole. Since I had some cute underwater stamps, I decided to go with a porthole. I used my colored pencils to color in the characters and lightly sponged on some white pigment ink to make the rays coming down from the surface. The crab was an after thought, but he was too cute not to add. I find coloring with colored pencils very therapeutic. I finished it off with some Glossy Accents over the bubbles and Black Glaze Pen in the critters' eyes to make them stand out a bit more.


Products Used:
Cottage Cutz Basics Stitched Circle Set
MFT Soak up the Fun (retired)

Comments

  1. Your adorable card caught my eye in the MFT challenge gallery. Love the rays, and your images are beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kind of like the way it turned out, too.

      Delete
  2. This is really cute...saw it over at the MFT challenge too! Need to try making rays like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I saw it done on YouTube, so I can't take all the credit. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

MFT Sketch Challenge #440