MFT Sketch Challenge #428

This card went in a COMPLETELY different direction than I originally planned...but I love it! I really wanted something soft and subtle to really highlight the beauty and daintiness of this lovely cluster of flowers (peonies, perhaps?). I first heat embossed the image with gold embossing powder and then colored it in with Zigs and a waterbrush to give me a watercolor feel. I then stamped the image again, using a pink ink that matched (as best as possible), and die cut parts of the image out using a small square die. I thought they might get lost against the white background, so my helpful husband and I came up with the idea to do some light ink blending on that side, before popping the squares up on foam tape. I didn't want to distract from the main image, so I decided to use vellum for the sentiment, also heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The photo really doesn't do it justice, unfortunately. Here's a close up:

Swoon.

Products Used:
MFT Fresh-Cut Flowers Background
MFT Anything-but-Basic Encouragement
Cottage Cutz Basic Square Dies
MFT Premium Dye Ink
VersaMark Ink
WOW Embossing Powder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiesta Birthday Card/The Birthday Project - ROYGBIV

MFT Sketch Challenge #441

MFT Sketch Challenge #440